Wednesday, September 21, 2016

So, I had a great 10 days in the hills of NC, Cashiers, Highland, and Greenville SC - a gem of a city. Saw the work of Morgan Samuel Price and followed up, now I am registered to attend her workshop in Naples in the spring. Working on the materials list. Looking forward to the workshop.

In the meantime, I finished one oil, one construction, and one colored pencil (my first attempt on the last two. ) Oil is a small, 8 x 10 on a wrapped canvas where I experimented by laying down a cerulean blue wash. My first attempt at boats. This was a scene in a marina from a luncheon one afternoon.



This piece is from packing materials, pained and mounted in a shadow box. Kind of simplistic, but the more I view it, the more I like the interplay of spaces, and near vs far. I will try at least one more in this size and then at least one more, more intricate. 



The 5 x 7 1/2 piece with colored pencil is at the shop being matted. I want to try a series of landscapes in the smaller sizes to make them more transportable. I purchased an outdoor easel for my upcoming workshop and I want to practice with it.

Right now I have three pieces in the September show at the Art League of Fort Myers. I will only enter my Franklin County Press Building oil, possibly the above oil for the October show.

Otherwise, I have about 8 canvases drawn out, ready to paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment