Sunday, July 16, 2017

Two Mixed Media:

Someone asked me to draw from a photo of their dogs, so this is what I came up with. Permanent ink colored with watercolor pencils. First time I tried something like this.


I hope he likes it. 3.5 X 5.5: Rusty and River.

Next, I used same materials to present a plant on the ground at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park. End up being more stylized that originally intended but half way through I started to add colors I like. 5.5 X 3.5


Picked up some new (for me) music last week, Steve Mason, Nightmares On Wax, Hookworm, Fat Freddy's Drop, The Durutti Column, Klaus Doldinger ( He was a leader of Passport - one of my favorite new jazz albums), The Out Crowd, Johnny Flynn, Hammock, West Indian Girl, and more.

This coming week I want to go back to oil and finish one I started, looking down on shells on the beach; one acrylic called Beige, and maybe get out my pastels which I have not used since moving to Florida.

Greg is on his way down to hang out for a while. Planning my Denver - STL trip. Watched Dan Edmundson videos on the painting craft. Lots of good stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment