Thursday, August 16, 2018

Back In The States

Art Updates:

You can click on the photos and they will enlarge for you, or you can pinch them open if viewing on your phone.

If you remember from a past post, I purchased what turned out to be 9 paintings from the guy who claims to paint 100 per day. For $70, including S & H, he chose the selections. I decided to hang them outside facing the pool since they are on plywood. I varnished them and here they are. 


This month I submitted the Chatahootchie River II oil in the August Members show at The Alliance For The Arts in Fort Myers, and Sunrise Poolside in the August show at Bonita Springs Center For The Arts. You can see those in the last post or two.

Working on one piece for an Alliance show in October. I have never created a piece for a specific show. Working under pressure is supposed to make me grow - we'll see. And, now that I have many, many photos and thoughts from the trip, I need to start putting ideas to paper. 


Weather Report:

You might have heard about the baseball size hail that fell in Colorado Springs while we were on the trip. This is a picture of some damage at Fort Carson:



And Now The Trip:

If you remember, we flew to Amsterdam, purchased several extra nights, and then boarded the Avalon Felicity to cruise up (south) the Rhine River to Mainz, which is a bedroom community for Frankfurt. The Big Money cruisers kept going to Basel or Budapest; some flew or drove to Munich, Berlin, or back to Amsterdam. It was a relaxing pace and nice to not have to change hotel rooms. We took advantage of many side excursions, saw a special person in Germany, and met some interesting cruisers. Linda's brother and his wife joined us. Food was too good and plentiful - I gained 8 pounds in 11 days. So far I have lost 5 of those. I thought I would feature a portion of the trip this week and add more in my next blog. 


Fresh off the plane, a local coffee shop with Dutch Pancakes
View from the shop

Train station at the harbor

Above photo taken from the tower on left side of this photo
Van Gogh, last work on my exit
Along the Amstal River
Along the river

Avalon Felicity
















No comments:

Post a Comment