Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Post Irma; Saint Louis trip:

The hurricane caused me to abort the western half of my trip, Denver, Ft Riley, Kansas City, which broke my heart. Lots of friends I wanted to see. So I flew into STL Monday and have been visiting non-stop since. Lots of great conversations, pictures, etc.

First Irma...here are some photos from Bell Tower Park where I live. We had no building damage, no surge. No power for 5 days so we were uncomfortable, but not suffering. If you are able, pinch open for a better view









In STL I had a chance to visit Chandler and Robin at Art St Louis on Pine Street where I was on the Board. Treated to a cup of coffee and a scone while we talked. There is a link to their site on my website: claudelylesartworks.com

I chose a few pieces that caught my eye...
If you can expand...just  beautiful. By Dion Dion, Ballwin, MO; 2017, oil and acrylic on canvas.

A print with reflections from the ceiling lights: 




And, My favorite. Just love it. 3 dimensional, so much detail, imagination, color. The buildings, for example, are raised from the canvas. WOW.




OK, thats all for now. IF I survive the Mizzou - Auburn game Saturday I will return next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment