Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Saint Louis trip a success; Back in Fort Myers

Well, I was able to salvage 1/2 of my road trip, had to cancel the western half, but made it to Saint Louis, saw about 30 siblings, friends, colleagues and some great restaurants: Roberto's, Kreis, Il Bel Lago, Brio, Nudo House, Sportsman's Park, University Club in Columbia, etc. Spent time at the St Louis Art Museum, pictures to follow. Good weather. Bad football, but joined by my sons, one of which thought it was fun (War Eagle), just not good football. Non-stop flights on Southwest worked as planned.

So, Have not produced art while traveling but saw some of my favorites in the Impressionist and Fauve Rooms, add some Picasso and a fun stainless steel tree outside. He goes. Enjoy:

First, the big guy, himself, (St) Louie the 9th

His front yard overlooking Art Hill


And now some of the works I think YOU can lick on or pinch open to enlarge frame):


Van Gogh anyone?




Picasso


And the rest (not in this order) including Matta, Thiebaud, Close, Mehretu, Rosseau, Corot, Richter, de Stoel, Hofman, Mattise, Corinth, Vlamink, Gauguin (former banker), Davis, and more.





detail on the left of this Close photo-realist
















 Hope you enjoyed my tour, will have MY work in next blog. Use the Comment section to let me know what you think. Claude

No comments:

Post a Comment