Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Still catching up...stay with me, I’ll get there.

 

I am making more use of links: music and visual. Click on them and then you might have a second link to search. Some locations, such as YouTube generate revenue for your "free" viewing by running ads, so be patient. On occasion there is a "skip ad" button. Sometimes it will load and start when you go there, sometimes you need to click on the white arrow in the red box.

I closed my Instagram page due to the political climate and to protest their political attacks on conservative voices...that’s about all I can do. 

An important note: I work on this blog for one person - ME; I love sharing it with about 60 friends, relatives, and acquaintances in the States and in Europe. 

With this in mind, I hope you enjoy the updates to my art and life as presented in this blog. IF you don't like the political stuff and don't want to receive future blogs just say so, no hard feelings. So far, only  five have taken me up on the offer. With that in mind, remember:

Below the Fold below is where lies controversial stuff, if you don't want to go there, stay above.
And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present:

New Art:
I am letting the paint dry, so I overcompensated with photos. Next time will be better, I Promise.

Reading:
Easy but fun read. Kind of a 300 page gossip column. More Vegas than Elvis. 


For my STL friends...



Interesting  Stuff:

More Reminiscing:
 Spring training used to be great. I would listen on the radio and wonder what that magic land of Florida was like. Take my word...it’s great.


 Worked for Bob in Louisiana, he used to live in Brentwood Forest, fka Audubon Park.

Sandy retired at 30!






 


And, still more...
 I can see why the girls liked him. 


I loved Moonlighting, so fun...will they or won’t they?


Fairly accurate from what I witnessed:





Still working through First Congress...
 And... 

Pay attention to the words we use:





Listening To:
Lana Del Ray: Blue Jeans
Link to a live performance, might have to turn it up since it is live. She can be crude, but captures what rock (not pop) has always been. 


Blue Jeans

Lana Del Rey

Blue jeans, white shirt
Walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn
It was like, James Dean, for sure
You're so fresh to death & sick
You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip hop
But you fit me better than my favourite sweater and I know

Gangsta (I know)
Gangsta (I know)
Gangsta
Gangsta
Gangsta
Gangsta, gangsta, gangsta, gangsta, gangsta...

Let's go

Tell me what bad boys do
I'm a bad girl, if you into that one too
My American Dream in jeans all blue
Keep it cool like crushed ice cubes
It's you for only this in a foreign coupe
In the blue range across my view
Better crush like my (bleep) too
Ain't 'nough said about his moves
A real tough one, sometimes two
Bet you fine about lifetime sunshine boo (Say you'll remember)
Bananas and bow ties, whips and handcuffs
Tied down the club like living like gangsters
Both wanna die, love living in danger
Bodies all around, put it down like an anchor (Say you'll remember)
Hardcore bottles
Try more than just anger
Passion like fever, hot like Jamaica
Real rude boy, no problem for later
Money on his mind 'bout getting his paper
Truth be told he's locked down with his flamer
Really like his flavor
Wanna slow dance with the devil
Click-lick, the look of an angel
Took a small chance with a rebel now my flesh is amazing
Now we shooting them lasers and laughin' at haters
Gangsters not bred I make 'em
Gangsters not dead I raise 'em (Gangsta)

Gangsters not dead
Gangsters not bred I make 'em
G-Gangsters not dead I raise 'em

Say you'll remember
Say you'll remember

Say you'll remember
Songwriters: Emile Haynie, Elizabeth Grant, Daniel Heath For non-commercial use only. Data from: Musixmatch
Humor:

Not sure what’s so funny about these two...





Been here?

 Sorry Chiefs fans but Brady and the refs once broke my heart too. 


 Three masks will take protection from 75% to 90%, add a helmet, goggles, knee and elbow pads, you will be really safe. Maybe outlive us all. And no, I don’t want Covid. But, its not going away. I see where Ebola is on the outbreak in Africa again, AIDS is still here, I could go on but will give it a rest for a few lines.



A few lines later...so today I had a doc appointment. After I signed the charge slip, oops sir, you need to pull the mask over your nose, but, I just saw a doc in the hallway walking back from the soda vending machine with no mask on...Grrrrrr, pull it up! So, I sign and place the pen back in the pen bucket - sir, you can’t put it back; take it out, keep it - YOU keep it. I go to the EMPTY waiting room - I can sit here, not there, here, not there...nothing appeared to be sanitized. I now go to the private office and sit in the only chair in the room, which was not sanitized and they place the oxygen/pulse monitor on my finger, neither the monitor or my nose-pickin’ finger have been sanitized. Then the nurse places the previously used blood pressure band on my left arm. Oh, its not working sir; she places band #2 on my arm. I could go on, however, remember where we started? I couldn’t place the pen back into the pen bucket. It was still there on the counter where I left it; when they checked me out, she handed me paperwork handled by three masked nurses. Somebody help me. 

I’ll admit, I had look up a whole bunch of these words... but, under the current situation, medical humor is always appreciated.



Below The Fold-------------------------------------Or, as I have learned from your input, Preaching To The Choir vs Unbelievers Enter at your own risk:





To my friends in Texas, copy California at your own risk... And to my climate change wack-job friends, well, never mind...







*****************************************
***
**********************************************
It started sooner than I thought it would. I am, however, in an over/under, I took one year.



 What? Did we go after the wrong politician?
Or not enough?








No comments:

Post a Comment