Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mothers' Day Edition with new art and fun links.



Enjoy the photos, you should be able to click on to open them up and even pinch open further.

And, I Shut down my website, claudlylesartworks.com for a couple of reasons. 
I dropped Instagram. Privacy and waste of time concerns :)
I hope you enjoy the updates to my art and life as presented in this blog. IF you don't like the political stuff and don't want to receive future blogs just say so, no hard feelings. So far, only two have taken me up on the offer. With that in mind, remember:

Below the Fold below is where lies controversial stuff, if you don't want to go there, stay above.
And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present:

New Art: Here are two I finished today. I have six or seven started, hope to finish most in the next two weeks. Enjoy.
4 x 6" oil on board, Key West Rooster

8 x 10" oil on canvas wrapped board, drive into Garden of The Gods, CO Spgs.
Not Florida: My neighbor moved recently. Gave me his Tiki to protect the front door. I just like the colors and facial expression. I feel like it some days.




Music: I think that one of the best recent recording engineering/production is on the cut Hard Place by H.E.R. While the song is good, lyrics and melody, the mix is outstanding using multi-layers, both H.E.R. and background singers, temp, etc. A YouTube link is below, give it a few minutes to load. An older album/CD that is very well produced is Steely Dan's Aja, by the way. And listen with headphones if you can.


So, I looked up the the producer, it is Rodney Jerkins, whom I was not familiar. What a list of success he has, with all kinds of performers/recording artists. WOW.



















To what else am I listening? Older and theatrical but sung beautifully.

Humor:     
Having been on both sides of the interview desk, I love this one...

What happened next...Fox News had a lead on an easy salad recipe you could make from your pantry while we are in lockdown with a picture of a salad on a plate. Ok. The next article was discussing a skin formula MM used, but somehow the copy editor let the same lead announce her skin article: Yea, I'll take one of those!

 Saw this on a car window while I was waiting to pick up at the Cancer clinic;

This was an article by a real estate developer and the influence his father had on him AND his banker. I enjoyed the observation...
















Oldie but goodie:

Except in our house the husband would be texting the  wife for assistance. JP says' Stand up straight  and speak clearly."

Long Time Ago Chapter:

I peaked early, all downhill since.

Fun Links: If any of these interest you, fun videos and articles. Click on the subject and the real link will appear for you to click on. Sometimes the videos take a few seconds to load, if they are on YouTube here might be a lead ad. 

I thought you might be interested in the following link at The Patriot Post: https://patriotpost.us/articles/69419-video-usaf-museum-from-the-air-2020-03-24?mailing_id=4941
Drone Tour of The Fox Theatre in Saint Louis
Well, ok, not fun but important:

If you could draw a picture and put it into the dictionary under ostentatious, this would be it. Only Rolls Royce, and really from, say 70 years ago only a "today" version.

Below The Fold---------------------------------------
Enter at your own risk:
Just his mind...









No comments:

Post a Comment