Sunday, June 13, 2021

Nothing Can Compare / To When You Roll The Dice / And You Swear Your Love’s For Me.

  Mainline Florida: Link to Mainline Florida


I am making more use of links, music and visual. Click on them and then you might have a second link to search. Some locations, such as YouTube generate revenue for your "free" viewing by running ads, so be patient. On occasion there is a "skip ad" button. Sometimes it will load and start when you go there, sometimes you need to click on the white arrow in the red box.

I hope you enjoy the updates to my art and life as presented in this blog. IF you don't like the political stuff and don't want to receive future blogs just say so, no hard feelings. So far, only five have taken me up on the offer. With that in mind, remember: BELOW THE FOLD is where (most) of the controversial stuff is placed. Sometimes stuff is a hybrid, say humor and political. Nevertheless, I do this blog for me, it clears my mind and then I do it to share stuff I think is interesting, fun, needed to be considered, etc. I like, also, the feedback I receive, either on a specific article or the concept in general. Right now there are about 70 of you who receive this directly. Claude

ART:

Repurposed…two years ago I painted this but it was too dark so this week I went in and lightened/brightened it up; much better.  10 x 8” oil on canvas board of 10-mile Canal behind our place. 


Moved stuff around on my walls. 




FLORIDA:
This guy was in front of me on the way home from Mass this morning (thus the light traffic count). Car is beautiful, plate is fun, and plate holder kind of iconic. 

And a brand new right out of the Boxster. Photo doesn’t do the Baby Blue justice. 



LISTEN:

Finley Quaye and Beth Orton    Written by William Orbit   This song became famous after being used on an episode of The OC.

Link to one of my favorite love songs

Quaye’s mother had a relationship with...Dodi Fayed. Remember him?

Some fun music links…put on your headphones please…

Link to Shiny Happy People rehersal

Link to in the beginning when they started to scratch-out Sympathy For The Devil

I know you haven’t seen the following lately…

Link to The Beastie Boys on Letterman

My favorite Cult song, an iconic guitar, live…Link to She Sells Sanctuary

And, how we change over the years, but fun to see his gear

Link to Billy Duffy’s gear interview


HUMOR:


Rich Little impersonates Joe Biden      😂  you might need to tap the screen to get to start arrow.










They now describe her as a bootlicker, not a good picture for a STL actress. 









Two from a friend…


 Babylon Bee is much funnier than CNN, no matter how much the latter tries…oh, yea, they are “serious: aren’t they?


Some of you youngers don’t remember how Biden (and LBJ) used THE N word all the time. Well the tapes are back. What a hypocrite, or maybe he just doesn’t remember.




I FOUND THIS INTERESTING:

OH those environmentalists...We saw this happen here are Babcock Ranch development, heard they tried to stop fields of solar panels to protect worms or grasshoppers or something. 



Financial dementia, peak year and downward spiral. 

***********************************
Many of you know of my interest in W&L
 Some backbone, but the chapel should not be renamed - it’s His chapel😳
********************************
What drives our actions?
"I don’t remember exactly what set me off, but it was something related to my family and traumas from my childhood," he recalled. "It was one of the most challenging emotional experiences I’ve ever had. I remember taking a huge crystal and throwing it as hard as I could through a painting, which also went through the wall, leaving a huge hole."   😬😳
* * * * * * * * * * * * * 

MARK 4:26–34 

Friends, today’s Gospel compares the kingdom of God to a mustard seed that when "it is sown, it springs up and becomes the largest of plants." It seems to be a law of the spiritual life that God wants good things to start small and grow over time.

We’re tempted to say, "You’re God. Just get on with it. Do it!" But why would God work the way he does? We might attempt a few explanations. It is a commonplace of the Bible that God rejoices in our cooperation. He wants to involve us, through freedom, intelligence, and creativity, in what he is doing. And so he plants seeds, and he wants us to cultivate them.

Consider what God said to St. Francis: "Francis, rebuild my Church." God could have rebuilt his Church without Francis, but he wanted him to get involved. 

When things start small, they can fly under the radar while they gain strength and heft and seriousness. Also, those involved can be tested and tried. Suppose you want to do something great in the life of the Church and you pray and God gives you massively what you want. You might not be ready, and your project will peter out. So be patient and embrace the small invitations.






BELOW THE FOLD: WARNING:



 YOU are paying for this nonsense.

















Rather than sit around and let others take care of you LINK Three simple rules for our young to evade poverty, works for all races, genders, political parties, etc. 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment