Sunday, June 18, 2017

Buying Not Selling Today: Well, we went to our favorite resell consignment shop and there were three art pieces that have been in a booth for at least a year. With the season over, however, the owner had all items marked down 25% so I took advantage of it to purchase the following...

This is a small carving, signed, from a Mexican artist, a fun piece. Then below, is a 9 8 oil on masonite by Malcolm Tervo who painted plein air in the Western states, graduated from U of Wyoming in 1971, so a little older than me. His wife also is an artist. Unfortunately, if I have the correct news article in Washington, he drowned in 2014. There is an inscription on the back of the frame to Mary Ann Sledge, "enjoyed the Southern accent" and dated 1986.



And, this is a 3 x 7 watercolor. I can not make out the faint signature, something like T Paulsann. It was framed in Marlton, NJ. 

I found another (there are countless numbers) interesting example of greatness in sports, something, someone who can do what no other can pull off. I am not a follower of Sidney Crosby of the Penguins. Nevertheless, this photo in SI caught my eye. Of all the players on the two finalists in the Stanley Cup, he is the one who you would mark, follow every move, surround him so he can not  hurt you...notice his placement as he creates an impossible shot - somehow he is alone behind all of the Predator defense, just him and the goalie. Only the superstars can do it.



I did a final update on my Mile Marker 360 (Southbound) adding some highlights. It is now finished. Ready for sale! Maybe if I could find the owner of Southbound...

Lastly, it has been lamented that there are no great Chinese restaurants in FTM. We heard that was incorrect and visit Ginger Bistro last night. How wrong were the naysayers. GB Very, very good. We shared Duck Fried Rice and I had Sizzled Grouper in Ginger Sauce, Whoa! The remaining fried rice was once again delicious today for lunch out near the pool. Go There.

No comments:

Post a Comment