Monday, June 12, 2017

TWO NEW PAINTINGS: 10 X 8 OIL ON CANVAS BOARD

This first one is the culmination of another work started in my plein air class last March in Naples with Morgan Samuel Price. It is a boat on a canal perpendicular to Mile Marker 360 and the restaurant/marina, south of Naples proper. 



I am often asked "How long does it take to complete a painting?" If we just look at the painting, not the prep, site visit, sketch or photo, etc...it depends. The above took a long time. Many re-writes, so to speak. I could tweak it more but time to let it go. Below, I did in two afternoons. I wanted to accomplish that. From a photo from a visit chronicled in an earlier blog on a cruise to Useppa Island among others sites. It was hot, windy, quiet. I just looked out on the small boat moored to a tree on the shoreline and said "That is a painting". (To myself). 


Listening to Radio Paradise, an eclectic station in my bookmarks, right now playing Mohave 3 - In Love With A View...honestly! This view will work. Now playing a great alternative classic by The Cure - Pictures Of You. See what I mean?

Getting ready for Greg's visit, due in from overseas shortly. We are signed up for 2 1/2 day sailing lessons through Outdoor Sailing, a nationally known school HQ'd right here in FTM. And, working on a 2 week trip later to see Mizzou-Auburn, with Greg and Dom. Right now thinking of flying into Denver, driving across Kansas, visit in KC, then at least a week in STL. Since we moved to FTM most trips have been quick, in/out to accomplish some task. I want to take time to visit my many friends and family in STL. Wanted to add Albuquerque, but logistics won't work this time. Maybe I can make that later, make it a painting trip. 

Be sure to visit my website: claudelylesartworks.com to see more of my work. Remember, much of it is still for sale. Talk to me and we will arrange a price and delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment