Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Merton: The Christian life is not an enclosed garden in which we can sit at ease, protected by the love of God. It is, alas, a wilderness into which we can be led by the Sprirt in order to be tempted by the Devil. Or, a garden where, Christ sweats blood in an agony beyond our comprehension, we, “struggle to keep awake under the moonlit olive trees.”

  Mainline Florida: Link to Mainline Florida


I am making more use of links, music and visual. Click on them and then you might have a second link to search. Some locations, such as YouTube generate revenue for your "free" viewing by running ads, so be patient. On occasion there is a "skip ad" button. Sometimes it will load and start when you go there, sometimes you need to click on the white arrow in the red box.

I hope you enjoy the updates to my art and life as presented in this blog. IF you don't like the political stuff and don't want to receive future blogs just say so, no hard feelings. So far, only five have taken me up on the offer. With that in mind, remember: BELOW THE FOLD is where (most) of the controversial stuff is placed. Sometimes stuff is a hybrid, say humor and political. Nevertheless, I do this blog for me, it clears my mind and then I do it to share stuff I think is interesting, fun, needed to be considered, etc. I like, also, the feedback I receive, either on a specific article or the concept in general. Right now there are about 70 of you who receive this directly. Claude


   For a 
better experience, click on the “view web version” then you can go to the archive for prior published editions. 

ART:

The process: The model


The room at work


2 results




Finally, new…for the first time in two months, a little rusty:

                       
Three minute warmups


 

  







Others: 



HUMOR:


 


  



 



 





"I’m at that age where my back goes out more than I do." - Phyllis Diller 

"Nice to be here? At my age it’s nice to be anywhere." – George Burns 

"Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get back up." - John Wagner 

“Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” - Kitty O’Neill Collins 

“Old people shouldn’t eat health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get.” – Robert Orben 

                    **************************************************************
TheSigns😅












****************************
Reader’s Digest: If HGTV has taught me anything, it’s that the key to happiness is an open-concept layout, double sinks in the bathroom, a kitchen island the size of Hawaii, and a $1.2 million budget.

Redditors reveal the dimmest bulbs they have encountered: A work colleague once asked whether any of those ancient prophecies about the end of the world actually came true😳
I was asked my “biological” name
“ You shouldn’t drink carbonated water; it’s full of carbs”😅
 Someone once said they couldn’t wait for Halloween to fall on Friday the 13th😉 

Humor in uniform: When my Air Force wing deployed to Norway, our first sergeant wanted to make sure we behave ourselves and blend it in with the locals. “You men are representing yourselves, your country, and United States Air Force.”
He told us “Remember, when in Rome, do as the Romanians do.”

                               *******************************

















LISTENING:









THINGS THAT INTEREST ME:



on a good day, maybe her best day




  



     



Social Fitness..

Important…
😳
😳

Another Saint Louis native playing out of state…


Two Christmas presents
 DELICIOUS

Fun sculpture








BELOW THE FOLD: WARNING:


























No comments:

Post a Comment